The Hong Kong Clinical Psychologists Association (HKCPA) is registered in 1980 as a lawful organization that functions as a trade union to promote the interest of members. Members consist of qualified Clinical Psychologists working in Hong Kong. Over the years, the Association works to promote the mutual understanding between Clinical Psychologists and their employers, and expresses concerns on conditions of employment to employers in order to protect the interest of members. Besides, the Association also organizes professional activities for members such as visits and seminars.
Since its establishment, the HKCPA has relied on enthusiastic members to serve in the Executive Committee. In 2020-21, there are seven Ex-co members coming from different work settings. They work together to create new ideas for the benefits and welfare of members.
Any person who possesses the professional qualification to practice as Clinical Psychologists in Hong Kong and is employed under the title of "Clinical Psychologist" in Hong Kong can apply for membership. For further details, please refer to our Membership Section.
Representation of HKCPA in External Meetings and Associations
HKCAP takes roles in the following external meetings and associations to represent clinical psychologists:
- Serves as an Associate Member Society of the Federation of Medical Societies of Hong Kong (FMSHK).
- Represents clinical psychologists working in the Hospital Authority through its Allied Health Professions Staff Group Consultative Committee (AHP SGCC). Representatives of HKCPA attend the quarterly meetings to represent our industry.
- Serves as Affiliate Member (友會) of Hong Kong Professional Teacher’s Union (HKPTU)
- Alliance association (盟會) with Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants’ Association (HKCCSA) and Hong Kong Senior Government Officers Association (HKSGOA)
- Participates in the Joint Conference of Hong Kong Health Care Professional Organizations (JCHKHCPO) to keep up with other allied health professionals in serving the community
History and Achievements
"Fighting for Fair Salary Adjustment" Working Group was set up on 22.9.2007, in response to the unfair salary adjustment for clinical psychologists (CPs) recruited after 2000. The working group aims at fighting for fair salary adjustment, with the recognition of the colleagues' work experience. The working group comprised of representatives from Hospital Authority, Social Welfare Department, Department of Health and Non-government Organization.
Executive Committee Member (2021-2022)
Dr. Cheung Yee-lai Eliza
Ms. Wong Elsie
Ms. Liu Yan Ting
Ms. Chan Yawen
Dr. Pau Wai-ho Charles
Ms. Leung Hoi-Ki Sharon
Ms. Liu So Yu Christine