20 Jul 2018Consultation on Kwai Tsing District Health Centre
On July 20, HKCPA was invited by Food and Health Bureau to attend a Consultation with Healthcare Professionals on District Health Centre in Kwai Tsing District. Our exco member, Dr Eliza Cheung, attended the consultation on behalf of HKCPA. We're happy to learn that awareness on mental well-being is rising in the community.
17 Jul 2018Passing on the Torch – A Talk for Trainees
On 17th July, Hong Kong Clinical Psychologists Association (HKCPA) and Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP), the Hong Kong Psychological Society (HKPS) have joined together to offer a talk for 31 Clinical Psychology trainees of CUHK and HKU.
Issues related to Accredited Registration, tips on job interviews and experience of working at NGO were shared by experienced clinical psychologists including Dr Candice Powell, Dr Eliza Cheung and Dr Charles Pau. It was an enjoyable night and the participants gained insights on becoming a clinical psychologist.
23 Mar 2018Professional Seminar by Mr. Wilson Wong
A talk on civil liability for personal injury and professional misconduct was offered by Solicitor Mr Wilson Wong right before the Annual General Meeting. We thank Wilson for his precious sharing in enhancing members awareness on legal issues and professional conduct.
23 Mar 2018Annual General Meeting 2018
On 23 March 2018, the Annual General Meeting of HKCPA has been successfully held at Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters.
Dr Ephraem Tsui has left his role as an executive committee member because of retirement. On behalf of HKCPA, Dr Eliza Cheung presented a certificate of appreciation to express our sincere gratitude towards his service over the years. Moreover, Mr Alan CHAN Yuk Lun joined us to become a new executive committee member.
11 April 2016HKCPA 2016 AGM
HKCPA 2016 AGM will be held on Monday 11 April 2016 at FMSHK Council Chamber, 4/F Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, HK at 7pm.
1 Jan 2016HKCPA is now Alliance Member of the Hong Kong Senior Government Officers Association
HKCPA is now Alliance Member of the Hong Kong Senior Government Officers Association (香港高級公務員協會). Government-employed clinical psychologist may also join HKSGOA as individual member.
21 Aug 2015New HKCPA Membership Card
New HKCPA Membership Card has been issued to all paid-up members since 1 Feb 2016. Members can use the card for a wide range of services & shopping at the Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association as well as the Hong Kong Professional Teachers Association.
6 Jan 2014Consultation Forum on the Suitability of the Supplementary Medical Professions Ordinance for Registration of Clinical Psychologists
15 Mar 2008AGM 2008 cum Seminar
- A total of 11 members attended the AGM with 13 proxies received.
- Minutes of EGM 2007 was adopted, reports were heard and new executive committee members were elected.
- Thanks to Ms. Mary Lee and Ms. Ernie Ma for their inspiring sharing on facing death, dying and losses.
9 Dec 2007Press Conference
- The press conference was coorganized by the "Fighting for Fair Salary Adjustment" Working Group and the Hong Kong Federation of Trade Union to express their concern on the current unfair salary adjustment issue for CPs.
- Over 30 members and non-members of HKCPA attended to show their support.
- The event has been reported by AM730, Hong Kong Economic Times, MingPao, SingPao Daily News, SingTao Daily and TaKungPao.
22 Sep 2007EGM 2007 cum Forum
- A total of 21 members attended the forum and EGM held at the Police Officers Club.
- Thanks to Mr. Eddie Li and Ms. Zion Law, both former chairpersons of HKCPA, for sharing their experiences and views about the future HKCPA in the forum.
- Minutes of AGM 2007 were adopted.
- Ms. WONG Chui-hung and Ms. CHAN Chin-chi were elected as Vice-chairperson and Committee Member for the Executive Committee 2007-08 respectively.
- Two rules of the Constitution were amended with unanimous resolutions.
15 Jul 2007Rendezvous on Salary Adjustment
- The event was organized by the office of Dr. LEE Kwok-long JP with 17 other allied health associations.
- Around 20 CPs, members and non-membes of HKCPA, joined to show their support.
- TSignatures collected from CPs and other allied health professionals together with concerns on the salary issue were submitted to government representatives.
24 Jun 2007Press Conference
- The event was organized by the office of Dr. LEE Kwok-long JP.
- HKCPA attended to express their views and demand the Government and Hospital Authority to recognize the incremental credits for all CPs employed after 2000.
24 Mar 2007AGM 2007 cum Seminar
- A total of 19 members (with 5 proxies) attended the AGM while 25 participants attended the seminar on "Career Opportunities and Development: Experiences outside Hong Kong".
- Minutes of AGM 2006 was adopted, reports were heard and new executive committee members were elected.
- Thanks to Dr. Chee-wing WONG and Mr. Patrick YAU for sharing their extensive experiences in the professional career development in China and Macau.
6 Jan 2007Seminar: Professional Care for Professionals
- 34 participants attended the seminar.
- Mr. Eddie LI, Ms. Linda CHEW and physiotherapist Mr. Yuk-fai CHAU shared their personal experiences and expert advice in managing burnout.